When sending a card/gift to a service member you will need to use the service member's full name, the Unit number needs to be included in the address 1 field, APO/FPO/DPO needs to be entered into the city field, and finally AE/AP will be added in as the state. Please note that it is still being sent to a US address so you will need to leave the country as United States.

Use the service member’s full name
All mail must be addressed to someone specific; addressing mail to “Any Service Member” is no longer permitted.

Include the unit and APO/FPO/DPO (Air/Army Post Office or Fleet Post Office) address with the nine-digit ZIP Code™ (if one is assigned).

SSGT Kevin Taylor <---Service Member's Name
Unit 2050 Box 4190 <--- Unit Number and address
APO AP 96278-2050 <--- City, State and Zip

SGT Robert Smith
PSC 802 Box 74
APO AE 09499-0074

Seaman Joseph Doe
USCGC Hamilton
FPO AP 96667-3931

For the country you choose the United States.

  • Share on
Did this answer your question?