Orphan accounts belong to Affiliates and/or customers who sign-up with SendOutCards without a sponsor.
When someone lands on the SendOutCards website (rather than an Affiliate website) and they enroll as an Affiliate, they are asked to enter a Sponsor ID. If they don’t have a sponsor, they can search for one. If they choose not to enter a sponsor or they don’t have a sponsor, they end up becoming an orphan account.
Why do we allow people to sign up without a sponsor?
In today’s network marketing climate, we must provide immediate access for consumers to purchase our products to be considered a legitimate company by the FTC (Federal Trade Commission). As a company, we have NO desire to collect customers or Affiliates without sponsors. We want every customer and Affiliate to be connected to a sponsor and we make every effort to make that happen.
What happens when someone ends up with an orphan account?
Orphans will remain in the orphan account for the month they sign up and the following commission month to provide ample time for a sponsor to claim them, to avoid being assigned to a new sponsor before their rightful sponsor can claim them and to avoid paying commissions to the wrong sponsor. This is called the “orphan pending time.”
When and how can an orphan be claimed?
Orphans can be claimed out of the orphan account at any time using the customer/Affiliate Move Request form.
What happens to Orphans who are not claimed?
If an orphan is not claimed within the orphan pending time, they are eligible for reassignment to a new sponsor. This process is different depending on whether they are a customer or an Affiliate.
Orphan Customer Policy
- Customers are defined users who have placed an order for $5 or more.
- Customers are assigned to a Senior Manager (or above), who is rank qualified at Senior Manager level (or higher) AND who has sponsored someone within the past 30 days. Assignment is also based on geographical location in which we search first by zip code and then city, state, region, etc. until we find someone qualified to receive an orphan.
- Once a customer has been assigned to a sponsor, the sponsor will receive an email about the assigned orphan.
Orphan Affiliate Policy
- Affiliates are defined as anyone who signed up as an Affiliate and has paid the $59 Affiliate fee.
- Affiliates without a listed sponsor are called within 30 days of sign-up and asked how they heard about SendOutCards. If we can match them with their rightful sponsor, we will do so.
- Affiliates are assigned to an Executive (or above) who is rank qualified at Executive level (or higher) AND who has sponsored an Affiliate within the past 30 days. Assignment is also done by geographical location in which we search first by zip code, then city, state, region, etc. until we find someone qualified to receive an orphan.
- Once an Affiliate has been assigned to a sponsor, the sponsor will receive an email notification regarding the assigned orphan.
How do I request that a non-Orphan Affiliate/customer be moved to a new sponsor?
SendOutCards allows a customer or Affiliate that is not an orphan to be moved from one sponsor to another if the wrong sponsor ID was entered upon enrollment. The request to move a non-orphaned customer or Affiliate must take place within 10 calendar days from the new account’s join date. Non-orphan moves will not be allowed if any issue is found that may adversely affect SendOutCards or any part of the downline organization.
You may claim a non-orphaned account within 10 calendar days from the join date by filling out this form.
NOTE: The form for non-orphan move requests must be filled out by either the new customer/Affiliate account holder or their current (incorrect) sponsor. This form must be received within 10 calendar days of the new accounts join date.
Any Affiliate wishing to move for a reason other than the above will need to follow section 4.5.3 of the Policies & Procedures.