What is an Orphan Account?
"Orphan Accounts” are Affiliates and Customers who sign-up with SendOutCards without a Sponsor.
For example: When someone lands on SendOutCards.com (rather than an Affiliate website), and they follow the enrollment process, they are prompted to enter a Sponsor ID. If they don’t have Sponsor ID info, there is a search option. If they choose NOT to enter a Sponsor or they don’t have a Sponsor, they end up becoming an Orphan.
Why do we allow people to sign up without a Sponsor?
In today’s network marketing climate, we need to provide immediate access for the end consumer to purchase our products to be considered a legitimate company by the FTC (Federal Trade Commission). As a company, we have absolutely NO desire to collect customers or Affiliates without Sponsors. It is our strongest desire for every Customer and Affiliate to be connected to a Sponsor and we make every effort to make that happen.
What happens when someone ends up in the Orphan account?
Orphans will remain in the Orphan account for the month they sign up and the following commission month. This is the "Orphan Pending Time".
Why must an Orphan remain in the Orphan account this long?
To allow ample time for a Sponsor to claim them out of the Orphan account.
- To avoid being assigned to a new Sponsor and then having their rightful Sponsor claim them.
- To avoid paying commissions to the wrong Sponsor.
When and how can an Orphan be claimed out of the Orphan account?
Orphans can be claimed out of the Orphan account at any time using the Customer/Affiliate Move Request form.
What happens to Orphans who are not claimed out of the Orphan account?
If an Orphan is not claimed out of the Orphan account within the designated Orphan Pending Time, they are eligible for re-assignment to a Sponsor. This process is different depending on whether they are a Customer or an Affiliate.
Orphan Customer Policy
- Customers are defined as anyone who has placed an order for $5 or more.
- Customers are assigned to a Senior Manager (or Above), who is Rank Qualified at Senior Manager level (or higher) AND who has Sponsored someone within the past 30 days. Assignment is also done by geographical location in which we search first by zip code, then city, state, region, etc. until we find someone qualified to receive an Orphan.
- Once a Customer has been assigned to a Sponsor, the Sponsor will receive an email notification regarding the assigned Orphan.
Orphan Affiliate Policy
- Affiliates are defined as anyone who signed up as an Affiliate and has paid the $59 Affiliate fee.
- Affiliates are called within 30 days of sign-up and asked how they heard about SendOutCards. If we can match them with their rightful Sponsor, we will do so.
- Affiliates are assigned to an Executive (or Above) who is Rank Qualified at Executive level (or higher) AND who has Sponsored an Affiliate within the past 30 days. Assignment is also done by geographical location in which we search first by zip code, then city, state, region, etc. until we find someone qualified to receive an Orphan.
- Once an Affiliate has been assigned to a Sponsor, the Sponsor will receive an email notification regarding the assigned Orphan.
How do I request that a non-Orphan Affiliate/Customer be moved to a new Sponsor?
SendOutCards allows a Customer or Affiliate that is not an Orphan to be moved from one Sponsor to another if the wrong Sponsor ID was entered upon enrollment. The request to move a non-Orphaned Customer or Affiliate must take place within 10 calendar days from the join date of the new account. Non-Orphan moves will not be allowed if any issue is found that may adversely affect SendOutCards or any part of the downline organization.
You may claim an a non-Orphaned account within 10 calendar days from the join date by filling out this form.
NOTE: The form for non-Orphan move requests must be filled out by either the new Customer / Affiliate account holder or their current (incorrect) Sponsor. This form must be received within 10 calendar days of the new accounts join date.
Any Affiliate wishing to move for a reason other than the above will need to follow section 4.5.3 of the Policies & Procedures.